10 Ways to Make Your Home Irresistible at an Open House
1. Put fresh or silk flowers in principal rooms for a touch of color
2. Add a new shower curtain, fresh towels, and new guest soaps to every bath.
3. Set out potpourri or fresh baked goods for a "homey" smell.
4. Set the table with pretty dishes and candles.
5. Buy a fresh doormat with a clever saying.
6. Take one or two major pieces of furniture out of every room to create a sense of spaciousness.
7. Put away kitchen appliances and personal bathroom items to give the illusion of more counter space.
8. Light a fire in the fireplace. Or put a basket of flowers there if it’s not in use.
9. Depersonalize the rooms by putting away family photos, mementos, and distinctive artwork.
10. Turn on the sprinklers for a few minutes to make the lawn sparkle.